- @agustinavcid While I am pro immigration, the most compelling anti-immigration arguments I have heard are related t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @MarkWarner Mark, Using govt force to create scarcity isn't an achievement. Roll back regulations, price controls,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @MarkRPellegrino: The political establishment is so boring, Predictable, Simple, Fraudulent, Pandering, insane, criminal And incompetent… 2 weeks ago
- RT @HannahFrankman: The blind defense of public education is one of the strangest mass psychoses of modern history. 3 weeks ago
- RT @donswriting: Effective Altruism says earn as much money as you can and give away what you don’t absolutely need to others. There’s an… 3 weeks ago
- @Timcast Nah. Instead you need to have someone from the House or Senate committees related to education on your sho… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- @NickForVA Nick, These loans aren't going to be paid back. The Direct Loan program has already lost almost $200 bil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @RealPaulElam: Men. Psychotherapy can help improve your life drastically. All you have to do is lay out a stack of money (either cash or… 3 weeks ago
- beta.character.ai 1 month ago
- RT @RealPaulElam: 90% of "men's rights" issues can be prevented by not getting married and/or not sticking your dick in Crazy. Let women pl… 1 month ago
Category Archives: Questions
A Tale of Two Homeless Men
I posit a hypothesis regarding two homeless men and how they would be commonly viewed by the typical man on the street, as expressed by current government policy. These two men are the same in all observed respects except as … Continue reading
Posted in Questions Tagged altruism, homeless, property rights 4 Comments
Question #6: Why is altruism bad?
Related to the post Thank LBJ and Altruism for Our Federal Deficit and Debt, the following question came via Reddit from a father raising his child to be an altruist: “Why is altruism bad?” Sacrifice, and in particular self-sacrifice. I … Continue reading
Posted in Questions Tagged altruism, Ayn Rand, How I Met Your Mother, orgy of sacrifice, satire, selfishness, slap bet 4 Comments
Question #3: Why Write about Libertarians and Gary Johnson?
So far, more than 40% of the posts to Selfish Citizenship have been tied to either Libertarians or Gary Johnson, so the following question is relevant: Why are you writing so much about Libertarians and Gary Johnson? There are two … Continue reading
Question #2: Flame wars, why has our political debate become so nasty?
The following question has been popping up a lot recently, and it relates to the prior post on Angry Libertarians: Why has our political discourse become so uncivil? The idea that we should do something has been popularly replaced with … Continue reading
Posted in Political Discussions, Questions, Quotes Tagged America polarized, Ayn Rand, civil, civil society, coercion, free association, Individual Rights, initiation of force, majoritarianism, political correctness, political debate, political discourse, political discussion, privacy, problems in our government, proper government, retaliatory force, rhetoric, tyranny, uncivil, voluntary 1 Comment